Pages

Saturday 18 September 2010

ASOS Buyer Gemma Dyas On Ones-To-Watch

After an amazing turn out of buyers, press and influential stylists at yesterday's Ones-To-Watch group show I got chatting to ASOS buyer Gemma Dyas, just as she was being seated for the next catwalk presentation. I found out about her favourites so far and why she thinks our Ones-To-Watch initiative is such an important launching pad for emerging designers...

What did you think of the Ones-To-watch show?
as it was a group show it was really great to see some very varied designers, and especially nice to see menswear in there which is something I don't think you've done before.

What stood out for you the most?
The menswear actually! I really really liked A.Hallucination and I also thought LiLee was really strong. I saw her graduate collection and it was so intricate, although this was really different it was still quite 'her' because of all the detailing on each piece. Overall I thought they were brilliant.

What do you think of the Ones-To-Watch initiative for new designers?
I think its such an important platform and Vauxhall Fashion Scout does an amazing job, giving a different option to London Fashion Week main tent. There is so much untapped talent out there and it's great that there is another showcase apart from NEWGEN. Fashion Scout It's a really reputable showcase now and I think People should feel proud to be a part of it.

What other Fashion Scout shows are you excited to see?
I am really excited for Eudon Choi, and of course Hermione de Paula, she's one of my favorites so I will definitely be there cheering her on this Tuesday!

It thrills us at Fashion Scout to see our budding designers getting the exposure they deserve, as Gemma and a plethora of other buyers both British and international, visited our Exhibition space periodically throughout the day to chat with our exhibiting designers (who will based here all week!). With such a great outcome for the Ones-To-Watch show we can only expect madness at out Merit Award show later this afternoon.


Words Lara Angol
Image by Natalia Ilina