Pages

Thursday 3 February 2011

Interview with VFS Ones To Watch - Sara Bro-Jorgensen



Sara made her London Fashion Week debut at the Vauxhall Fashion Scout one day exhibition last season. In only one day she recieved significant buyer and media attention. We are lucky enough to have had a sneak peak at her new collection, and it totally took our breath away. Can't wait for her first catshow!

How are you feeling on winning the Ones to Watch from Vauxhall Fashion Scout?

I'm very pleased about winning and very excited about the show .

What did you do to celebrate?


I started working on my collection!


What was your experience in the fashion industry before forming your own brand?


I graduated with an MA from the Royal College of Art this summer. Before studying at the RCA I spend six month in Berlin doing a collaboration with the design label Boessert- Shcorn and before that I worked for knitwear designer Adam Jones in Paris.


Who is your favourite designer and why?


Azzadine Alaia, I love his drapes and way of shaping knitwear around the body


If you were not a fashion designer, what would you do?


I would work in art photography


What music do you listen to when you designing?


Charlotte Gainsbourg, Agnes Obel, The Kills, Pj Harvey, Love


What was your inspiration for your last season’s collection?


The collection was inspired by a series of black and white photographs I took with an old plastic camera. It is about contrasts and photographic imagery as well as light and dreamy layers. Furthermore it's about developing and combining knitting techniques that go from hand knit to graphic jaquard patterns.


Where would you like to see your brand in a few years?


As an established brand selling my collections in all my favorite shops and doing collaborations with people from other creative disciplines


Have you been to any of our mentoring event? What are your thoughts of the events? Have they helped?


I've been to a few of the evenings and find them very interesting and helpful


Are you looking forward to your show in London Fashion Week? What do you expect from it?


I'm very excited about the show and I expect to at least get some invaluable experience and hoping for lots of exposure too.


 
Kenny Wang