Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

INTERVIEW| Kiev Fashion Days: Yasya Minochkina FEB'13






Yasya Minochkina established her brand less than a year ago after graduating from Central Saint Martins and Antwerp Royal Academy of Arts. Fashion Scout caught up with her about her influences and what it was like to feature on the Mercedes-Benz Kiev Days catwalk at Fashion Scout.

Are you excited to be exhibiting at the Kiev Days exhibition?

I am, this is a great experience for us and a revolution for Ukrainian fashion. This is the first international exposure of young Ukrainian fashion designers. It is a really nice experience and allow us to meet international press and buyers.

Your designs feature a lot of international influences. Is this an important feature of your brand?

I do a lot of travelling and this really inspires my work. I have wanted to be a fashion designer since I was a child, my father is a painter and my mother is an architect so I have always had creative influences. Over the years I have progressed step by step and eventually built my brand.

What were your main inspirations for this seasons collection?

I was inspired by muses of the 1930s, 60s and 70s. I wanted to create a look that was both dramatic and sensual. My retro influences were combined with contemporary fashion inspirations. 

Words: Darcie Thompson-Fields. (@DarcieTF)
Images: Lauren Marsh @LaurenAlicia24