Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

FRONT ROW| Kiev Fashion Days SS14



Sat front row at the Mercedes- Benz Kiev Fashion Day’s show, hoping to scout out new talent, we spotted Vogue Italia’s Sara Maino. Fashion Scout caught up with her after the show to hear what she thought. Here’s what she had to say:

What did you think of this years Mercedes –Benz Kiev showcase?
Overall I thought it was really good, showing great potential for all six designers. It was a great occasion.

Which out of the six collections we have just seen, stood out in particular for you?
Oh, I’m not sure I can say one in particular, but I do think that Yasia Minochkina, RCR KHOMENKO and Anton Belinskiy’s collections stood out today.

Are you seeing any other Fashion Scout shows over the next few days?
Unfortunately I am not as I am leaving the UK today, but I did get a chance to go upstairs and see the Graduate Showcase before this show. The talent there is very good.

What about Fashion Scout as a platform, we hear you are a big supporter?
It is a really great organization. The effort that Martin and the team put in is amazing. It is very satisfying to watch how it grows and how it supports these young designers.

Images by Tram Nguyen (@TramNguyenp).