Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

NEWS | Pinghe AW14 Collection Preview





With Ping He set to take to the catwalk at 19:30 tonight, the designer previews her illustrations and an exclusive interview for her AW14 collection with Fashion Scout. 

What can we expect from next season’s collection?

I have been fascinated by the rapid movement of everyday life and society for sometime. With the internet and social media, I often feel the world is spinning really fast around me. I almost want to slow it down, make it gentler and softer. So, I closed my eyes and shut my ears and “the world is blurred in my eye” came to mind. When I start to look at things around me with squint eyes, things start changing, colours start melting, words gain distance. Gradually through this thinking the collection came to life. The AW14 collection is contradictory, we continue with the brand identity of 'elegant resistance’. The collection is strong but not dark; it is resistance but not muscular; it is avant-garde but reachable; it is sexy but desirable.

How do you feel has this evolved from the work from last season?

Pinghe has evolved greatly. We have grown and developed in design, marketing and production and our aim is to continue to do so.

Tell us what kick-started the creative process for SS14.

My designs are inspired by my love of architecture and structure. They revolved around contrasting concepts – soft and strong, elegant and powerful. The SS14 collection is clean cut, monochrome and personifies contemporary beauty.

What does the future hold for Ping He? Where are you stocked now and what do we have to look forward to?

We are currently stocked in Harvey Nichols, Wolf & Badger and Not Just A Label, along with some international boutiques. Our business target is to be the best new international designer label in the next five years with all design, marketing and production in house, and to continue to grow successfully as we have been.

Interview by Josh Walker (@josh_walker_)
Images courtesy of Ping He